Thursday, March 17, 2011

My first attempt at quilting

This is my very first attempt at quilting. I used a quilt block from a book my sister gave me, and instead of joining them together, I added a border of yellow and made...Pot holders for my mom. 


I love the contrast of the green with the pattern print. 

Hopefully there will be more soon. I just finished my finals so I have an ENTIRE week to do fun crafty things. In the mean time, check out this blog, its what I aspire to be Love Little Things

3 comments:

  1. great idea to make the block into a potholder! Brandon said this is his favorite quilt in the book. Of course I don't think I see myself applique-ing 12 of these blocks any time soon :) I am about to start the Kitchen Windows quilt though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I am sure glad those are my potholders! They are really cool! Thank you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should add your photos to Flickr and include these in the Practical Guide... group http://www.flickr.com/groups/thepracticalguidetopatchwork/

    ReplyDelete